How to know you have Type 1 Diabetes
Type 1 Diabetes develops gradually, but the symptoms starts suddenly. Though you cannot know you’re suffering from type 1 diabetes by taking note of the symptoms but the symptoms show that you may likely be suffering from it. If you notice any of the symptoms below, fix an appointment with your doctor. Your Doctor will run a test to check your blood sugar and to determine if you are suffering from type 1 diabetes.
Symptoms of Type 1 Diabetes
Overtime, in a type 1 diabetic patient, the amount of insulin produced in the body decreases. When there is no more insulin in the body due to the destruction of beta cells, blood sugar rises rapidly. This is the reason why the symptoms of type 1 diabetes develop suddenly. So one can actually be a potential type 1 diabetic patient for years without even realizing it.
The symptoms common in a type 1 diabetic patient include:
- Extreme Weakness : Everybody gets tired and weak at some point. This is majorly after doing something stressful or after working. Whatever you may have done made you tired because you’ve used up the glucose available in your system. But when you get tired and fatigued always, even when you have not indulged in any stressful activity, then you’ll need see the doctor. Extreme tiredness might be as a result of the your body cells having little or no glucose for energy. The insulin is responsible for distributing blood sugar(glucose) to your body cells. Now its no longer available leaving the body cells to starve.
- Frequent Urination : Frequent Urination can be normal in some people. It may not be as a result of any condition, but people with chronic conditions like kidney problems and diabetes urinate frequently. Urinating more than 7 times in 24 hours can be termed frequent urination. In a diabetic patient, when there is too much glucose present in the blood, the kidney reacts by flushing it out of the blood and into the urine. This leads to more urine production which causes the frequent urination. This increases the risk of a Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs) in both men and women.
- Increased Thirst (Dehydration) : When you urinate frequently, most of the water in your body is pulled out frequently. This leads to dehydration which eventually increase your thirst for water.
- Nausea/ Vomiting : High blood sugar can lead to vomiting if left untreated. This symptom springs up when diabetic condition is left untreated. If left untreated, it can cause toxic acid to build up in your blood and urine(ketoacidosis). This when vomiting becomes a symptom.
- Blurry Vision : The high blood sugar levels causes your eye lens to swell, which eventually changes your vision. Changing the shape of your eye lens throws off your vision giving you blurred vision. This can be a temporal problem which develops after high carb meals. It can also be a chronic problem you face 24/7.
- Irritability : Did you know that blood sugar swings can cause rapid mood swings. As blood sugar spikes higher than 250 mg/dl it can cause confusion in people.
- Wounds don’t heal well : Diabetes makes it harder for your body to heal itself, even small wounds. This makes diabetic patients susceptible to wound infections. High blood sugar can stiffen the blood vessel, making it harder for blood to flow. This prevents nutrients and oxygen from reaching body cells making it harder for wounds to heal.
- Changes to (or loss of ) menstruation in women
Signs of Type 1 Diabetes
Below is a list on the signs of type 1 diabetes. (Note : You can measure signs but you cannot measure symptoms)
- Weight loss
- Reduced blood pressure (below 90/50)
- Low body Temperature (below 97 Fahrenheit)
If you notice any of the symptoms above, visit your doctor. if these symptoms sprung up suddenly, then it might be type 1 diabetes. But you can know for sure, except you visit your doctor.
Is Type 2 Diabetes the issue? Our Products Can help reverse your type 2 diabetes. It is 100% natural and purely Aloe vera.
You can share your thou3ght with us on this post by leaving your comment below in our comment box. We will be glad to hear from you.